Monday, March 9, 2009

Mom leaves on an exclusive NO kids overnighter!










Well, my BFF (haha) talked me into going on an overnighter trip w/her & her sister. Her sister works up at Sundance just up Provo Canyon and was able to get us a cabin unit for free. We took her up on the deal and left friday night to go away for 24hrs. I think I needed this more then I thought. I had so much fun w/these two, of course I always do.

I always get anxiety whenever I leave & go overboard on getting Aaron and the kids ready, as if they can't make it a night without me there, DUH! I get there clothes all ready for the next day, and I have food all ready...and just stupid stuff that Aaron is MORE then capable of doing himself. We usually have a dozen phone calls while I'm gone between one another just because #1. we hate to b apart, or #2 they can't find something, or need something or whatever...

Well, Teneile had a plan, and it worked a little, lol. Up to Sundance there is NOT alot of cell service so it was hit and miss on the phone calls, but it turned out to be ok. I got over my anxiety issue and sorta relaxed, I had a great time. It was nice to get away.

We went to dinner at our fav place Tapenyaki's after waiting for a hour to get down the canyon because of a slide off in front of us, but other then that thigns were good, we made the best of it. WE came back to the cabin with 3 grocery sacks of JUNK/COMFORT foods, and roasted marshmellows over the fire, and had girl talk. We stayed up till 3am and just enjoyed our every moment we had away from normal life.
I was so happy to learn that Aaron had a huge sleepover himself with his daughters. They all slept in our bed friday night with him and Derian and him stayed up and watched the Jazz game together fri night. Saturday morning they all got up and he took them to breakfast at our fav place over in Spanish fork, and then he took them to walmart just to roam around and shop for fun things. If u all know Aaron, he just DOES NOT roam walmart! He's your typical guy shopper, goes in with a plan and comes out just as fast as he went in, but he was there for almost 2hours just letten the girls look around and window shop for things. They had so much fun with their daddy! I told Aaron....Gosh, I guess I should maybe do this more often, then you can all have bonding time, and I get a break! He just looked at me with the look.


Aaron's a great daddy, of course I've always thought this, but this weekend just proved it to me once again. He really gives them qualitity time, which means so much to them and to me!
I am so glad I went, it was nice, to ahve a small break away from reality and take a breather. I think every mom/women needs to do this once in awhile!

2 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

I'm glad you had a good time! I looked at your pictures on facebook- that cabin looks so nice and cozy! You definitly deserved the night away from being "Mom". And Aaron is an awesome dad for taking on 4 girls by himself and even going to Walmart!! What a stud! I can't even handle ONE in Walmart, don't know how anyone could do FOUR there!

kathleen said...

Everyone needs a time out! It looked like you had a great time. Wish I would of been there. Hey we need to do this with us girls dont you think??? It is time!