Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Still catching up..... Our Sledding trips







I realize there is a lot of posts to read, but I havent blogged in awhile, so you all know that I'm long winded, and YES I have a complex now due to Trisha teasing me so badly about it. There for awhile I was watching my emails, postings, comments, but now I dont care.....tease away. I just have a lot to say, so DEAL WITH IT! haha



So we have found THE perfect sledding spot for our kids. We've been a few times already, and we may go one more time b4 the season is up. Which I'm afraid will b soon the way the weather hs been. SOme old friends of Aaron's has some private property up Spanish Fork Canyon and it has a nice huge flat, with fun jumps for the snowmobiles, as well as huge hills and small hills for sledding. we have to ride the snowmobiles in to the spot, but it makes for fun day. We build a fire, and take a lunch, the kids really enjoy it. We usually go with several others to make it even funner. Everyone that goes with us only have boys, so its a bunch of men, and young boys and then ALL our girls, and I tell ya.....our older two girls can out due any of those boys, in adventure, and being brave anyday!



Der and Ash can't be related to me, cuz I am a chicken, hate a good rush, dont like to go fast, or feel outta control, but them two let it all go, and fear doesn't overtake them. This can be a good thing, but also it scared their mother to death. Aaron is worse then my mother when it comes to safety and worrying about being safe so he was a ball of nerves, and I just let him worry about it cuz he is worse about it then I. He stood at the bottom of the hill all day despite his back hurting making sure that the wouldn't run into the fence at the bottom of the hill. Your talking a HUGE steep hill...so they catch some speed, Aaron had to tackle Ashlynn a few times just to stop her. They were both sore at the end of the day. Derian LOVES to get a rush riding the snowmobile with daddy. She loves to go fast, and insists upon it, and jumps are a must, the higher and the faster the better she screams with excitement. The girls are way to brave! Because Kymbree hates the loud sounds of the snowmobile she wouldnt get out there and have fun, so I sat with the babies by the fire the first time, and I enjoyed watching SOME of what they did, but coudln't watch a lot of it. The second time they went out, I didnt' go I stayed behind at home with the babies. I lvoe that my girls got some time without the little ones with dad, they had so much fun, and so did dad! They needed some one on one daddy time. HEre are just a few pics from our first trip.....

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

My posts are long too- so don't worry about it! I have a lot to say too! Sounds like a lot of fun for girls. Looks so cold in the pictures. What a fun family activity!!