Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Just some random things from the last few wks....








Ok, blogging hasn't been as often for our family. We havent had a whole lot going on, and things have been busy at our house just with kids, and babies, and trying to clean and organize my house. I also wanted to wait until I had some things to post about as well as some pics to post along with them.
Aaron went on a snowmobile trip with some friends of his last wkend. They went up to a cabin on Bear Lake. I was extremely worried about the avalanche warnings but knowing my husband the way I do, he is really getting anal in his older age, lol...about being safe. He's lost his "daring" side. Although he loves a good rush anyday, he has scaled down what he's willing to do to get it so although I worried, I really didn't worry that much. I new that he would do what he could b safe. They had fun despite a few set backs, but overall...the ride was beautiful, and the area was awesome he said. They just had a good time, but was so worn out at the end of each day and very sore from riding. He got home sunday night and we were all anxious to see him. I hate when he's gone, we all missed him. I was glad however that he got the chance to go, he enjoys the riding and the comondtry of his friends. With all this estrogen around this place he needs a chance to beat his chest and be a guy, lol
While he was gone, the girls and I really enjoyed each other. I suprised the older two girls with a night out like we used to do before the babies came along. They always mention how we used to go out and have what I called a girls day. We'd go to lunch and window shop....and just do girl things they miss it and so do I. We got up saturday cleaned the house and worked hard doing so, and then I told them to go get dolled up we were going out. I had a babysitter for the babies, and we left at 3pm. I took them to a salon where we fixed their hair and Derian got a hair cut. Then we went out to eat lunch/diner at their favorite place Tucano's and we had so much fun laughing and talking together over dinner. Then we stopped and got icecream to eat at home with Kymbree and A'jaye. I just have to say....this was the best thing I've done in a while with my older two. They needed that so much, but not as much as I did. I forgot how much I enjoyed that time with them and we just haven't been able to do that. We talked about everything from boys, to clothes, to friends, & problems at school, and what they wanted to be when they got older it ws just awesome. I need to do that more often. My older two girls are amazing kids, and good kids too. They help me out so much and I rely on them alot for the help they deserve to have a special time with mom from time to time. WE got home ate ice cream and had a sleep over in mom's bed that night. It was a lonely wkend with Aaron gone, but at the same time a enjoyable one cuz I spent qualitity time with my girls!
Monday I took Kym and A'jaye to the park. THe weather was a bit cold for going but they wanted to go so badly that I couldn't resists taking them. We had fun the short time we were there, and I snapped a few pics just because they were dressed up so cute.
Thats about it...for us the last few wks. I guess for not having to much going on there actually was some important, and special things that went on, things we will remember forever....sorry for all the new posts to catch up, but to post them all in one posting would really make my posting long.... & I havent yet figured out how to post the pics in diff spots, so they all end up at the top or soemting retarded. So, until next posting, take care!

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

Those pictures are SO SO ADORABLE!! I love A'jaye's outfit, it's the cutest ever! And that last pic of Kym is to die for! That is so cute about your mom & daughter date. It's so important to do stuff like that. When I was growing up, once a year each of us kids would get the opportunity to go out to dinner with each parent seperatly. So one night i would go alone with my dad, the next week it would be me and my alone. I still remember how much I loved that time one on one with each parent. It gave me the opportunity to talk to them seperately about things in my life.. school, work, etc. And there was nobody BUT US there to listen. Those "dates" were so important to me and they still mean a lot to me that my parents did that with us. That is definitly something I will carry on with my kids. Chad has taken Paislee for a couple "date" days since she has been born and I think it is so cute to watch them together and thinking of them sitting at McDonalds eating together just melts my heart!