Sunday, January 11, 2009

Yep, we're still alive, and still blogging

Well...my goodness, Christmas came and went, and 2008 did too! Our Christmas was GREAT! One of the best Christmas's we've had in a while. We went down home the wkend before Christmas and had Christmas parties with Aaron's families with his mom Saturday morning, and then his dad that evening. It was great to see everyone and spend time as a family. We also exchanged gifts with my parents as well but I knew I'd be seeing them during Christmas break.
We left for Durango, CO on tuesday night the 23rd. IT was probably 5pm by the time we got out of town, and it was a slow trip all the way thru Utah, then it got faster. We reached our destiantion at 12:30a.m. Aaron and the boys...(his dad and step brother) stayed up till like 3am playing the WII and catching up. The kids and I went to bed. Christmas Eve was spent as a family doing family stuff, we had a wonderful prime rib dinner and then headed into Durango for the Polar Express with the kids. MY GOSH, it was so much fun for them. So believable and so fun. It was worth it, every bit of it. Santa came and went and Christmas was spent with family all around us. Aaron enjoyed his dad, step mom and step brother as did I. I just love Aaron's dad he is the most loving guy ever and his step mom is fun, and loveable too. His step brother Daniel, I hate to use the term "step brother" cuz this guy is like his blood brother, they are really close for as short of time they have been in each other's lives. We love Daniel, and the girls love him as their fav uncle ever!
Thanks Dad and Susan for a great Christmas it was fabulous! We also got the chance on fri to jet over to Farmington, from Aaron's dads place its only 45min in good weather...course it took me close to 1.5hours but it was snowing. We hung out with the Wheelers for a little while but quickly had to get back, we stayed long enough to give everyone the stomach flu. A'jaye had come down with it half way to Farmington so we drove back to Durango to care for her. We got back home sunday evening and I, and Ashlynn and Kym had all come down with the flu by then. Aaron the next day stayed home from work even, due to having it. So, not a good way to end our trip but it was ALL worth it.
Our New Years Eve was different then most, we usually spend it with a butt load of our friends, partying it up with lots of food, and games and.....yes, drinking (not me, usually I'm the DD.... ) but this year as well as last we didn't do either one of those. We spent this year at home and partied with our older two girls, the younger two gave out. We played Rockband with each other and a few of Aaron's buds that I have taken on as "second husbands" I just love these guys....they stayed for a little while and played Rockband with us, we played in the New year but I had to turn it off just before to watch the ball drop...the kids thought that was cool, and then they ran outside as cold as it was and did firecrackers, and banged pots and pans yelling HAPPY NEW YEAR...to all the old folks already in bed for the night, but hey......we were awake we thought they should be too!
We had a first dr's appt sense I last posted too... heard my babies heartbeat, got measured, you know all the normal stuff. I've lost quite a bit of weight in the last few wks, even more sense going to the dr. I just don't seem to have an appetite, like NONE at all. The thought of food makes me sick, and I just dont get hungry. The dr told me if I don't gain any weight we may have to do "other" measures....mmmm, better get to eating. He told me to up my protein if anything. Its been hard for me.....my clothes aren't getting tight, their getting loose! I'm in pants I havent been in months and months......I mean hek, I love the fact that I am loosing weight but dang its not a good time for that!
I think my appetite is coming back however, Aaron took me to my favorite Japanese steak house saturday for dinner (early bday) and i PIGGED OUT! I was starving. I never am able to eat all my food there and I ATE IT ALL, and some of his too. He was like...."Dam, baby, you making up for lost food?" haha....then I came home and ate, a frozen pepsi, some chex mix, swedish fish, and chips. Yea, I think its coming back a little. Now, I just need to watch that I eat the right things and stay on top of the weight gain....instead of weight loss.
We're getting our U/S done next appt, I'm moving right along at 17wks now...YIKES! We're still torn as to whether we'll find out what it is. I keep having dreams that there are two!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT, it is a nightmare! one is always a boy, but the other NO clue...what it is, I can never see its face. maybe its cuz its just my fear, and its not really so everyone keeps telling me I'll get two...course I cringe at the sound of one right now still.
NAH, jk, I am getting excited, I felt the baby move the other day and sobbed all night. Aaron was like...MY GOSH hormones! Its always touching when you feel your baby move the first time, makes it real I guess.
Anyhow....we are all still alive, and kicking. Kids are well, Aaron's work is picking up (all the snow=wrecks) and life is getting easier with Kym and A'jaye. They are learning to play so cute together, but Kymee is teaching her BAD BAD things.....lol. They have so much fun terrorizing this house and me all day but I love it.
Tomorrow is another day......another week started. We'll see what it brings~

2 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

Yay! you finally posted something.. I was getting worried about you Bree- thought maybe you had left the country! ha ha! I am glad you guys had a memorable christmas and a fun new year! There is nothing better than spending it with family! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY! I will text you in a minute, but just thought I would throw that in there.

kathleen said...

I too enjoyed your blog, miss it when you dont blog. I want you to know How greatful I am that you are my daughter and what a special person you are. Happy Birthday daughter dear, and hope you enjoy many more! Eat your Protein too!!!! You need it. Motherly love and advise!!! Love you so much. Mom