Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just odds & ends of the last few wks.

I havent' been blogging because I havent' had a whole lot going on. Nothing exciting, life changing, or inspiring so I decided that I'd just clue you all in on what we've been up to the last few weeks. Grab some popcorn, a pepsi, & enjoy the story...cuz it always tends to be with me, lol.

So last I posted we had almost brushed against death....well not really but we almost got ourselves into a nice wreck. We havent' had any of that, thank goodness. Derian started wearing make up, here and there for JUST for play, well she went over to a friends house this past weekend & I turned around to say good bye to her only to see a pound of make up on her face. I said HELL NO....she got mad at me for making her take it off. I said "sweety, there's a difference in wearing some lip gloss, & wearing make up like your 18" Later that night, her father had a bedroom talk with her about this boy, Johnny and her obsession w/him & the make up. He put an end to the make up all together. For the first time, I seen an attitude in Derian. Please tell me that this isn't starting all ready! She's a great kid, doesn't cause a lick of trouble, and doesn't want any trouble......but she can catch an attitude that I did see. She listens though, & she does have a shoulder on her head still so we're safe for now.

The girls and I had a "girls day" saturday while daddy was at work for awhile. My two oldest told me the other night that we hadn't had a girls day in a long time. We used to do it alot, and we haven't in so long. I used to take them out for the day, we'd go to lunch, and go shopping even if it was window shopping, but sense the babies have come along that hasn't happened and it made me feel bad. So, we did it, and it was great. It was a little different taking 4 of them rather then just the 2 of them but we still did it. We dropped dad off at work, and we went to the mall. Ashlynn and I got our haircut which was interesting to say the least, w/Kymbree and A'jaye running around the salon, but we made it. All the old ladies were sure looking at me, like I was the worst mother out there, but I didn't much care. Motherhood has come ALONG ways sense their day, right? Ashlynn got her hair cut SHORT, another short A-line cut, looks darling on her. I also decided to go drastic, not quite as short, but did a longer A-line, cut my hair to my shoulders. I hated it when I got home, but then played w/it, and did it my way and now I don't mind it. It's short though, above my shoulders. We decided after that adventure to go get some lunch. I used to take the two girls to Olive Garden, or a nice place, but we settled on Mcdonalds, lol. They didn't care, they just wanted time w/mom so thats what they got. We had to drag Kymbree outta there after a hour kicking and screaming cuz she wanted to play but we did it between Der, Ash & I.
We then called it a day, cuz we were all worn out. WE had a great time together though. I realized that I don't give my girls near enough "qualitity time" which is all they really want and need. We're going to make it a point to do that more often. Seems I spend most my time just tryen to get thru each day, instead of tryen each day to make the days count for my girls.

Later that night we were all sitting on the bed, hangen out and with my girls all around me we got to feel the baby move. This was like the BEST moment for me as a mother. Here I had all my girls around me, my belly poking out & exposed & all their little hands on my pregnant stomach getting all giddy cuz they could feel baby moving. It touched me in a way that nothing ever has. Ashlynn looked up at me and said, "mom why are you crying" ....I just told her..."its a mommy thing"

The wkend gets over as quickly as it starts sometimes, but we enjoyed. Aaron and I have decided that we aren't going to spend each night in our room watching TV while the kids are alone in the living room. So, once a week, whatever night works, we will have a family night. The girls decided they wanted to spend it practicing ROCKBAND so thats what we do, & we have a great time playing w/them. Its a nice change. I guess sometimes, you just get so tired at night that you forget that you need to spend time together as a family.

Dad, Derian & Kymee went down monday night and got hair cuts. This has always been Kymee and Dads thing to do every now and then. Derian just went along too this time. They got home a hour or so later, and Derian walked in w/her bangs chopped off. I turned around to look at her and all I seen was Chelsee staring back at me. Aaron has said for awhile that she looks like her Aunt, I seen it too, but not as much as I do now! So, we all have new haircuts and feel like new ppl now. Sorta fun! A'jaye is the only one that didn't get a new look...she's still MOHALK baby.


So there's whats been going on in our lives the past little while. Nothing to exciting or inspiring. Just everyday life w/our little girls!
Oh, P.S......you'll all b happy to know that I have figured out a way to include pics in my posts. It involves waiting for walmart to make me a CD, but I can do it now, so I will b including some pics w/our posts...YAY!

1 comment:

kathleen said...

Love your blogs!!! I love reading them. You should be a writer!!! Love those times with your daughters cause one day they will be gone and have lives of there own and you wish you could get those times back!! We need a girls day one day all of us older ones!!