Monday, October 6, 2008

WE WON THE BALLGAME!!!

SO tonight is Aaron's Company Softball team league games, and its the finals. THis has been family tradition now for gosh, 4yrs or so. He has organized, and coached the company team for the last two jobs he has worked at. 2yrs ago we won the tournament which was great. Last year wasn't such a good year for us but we played and had fun.
Well, this year he organized and is coaching again Central Autobody Softball team and he loves it. Even though we are more out of shape and a little older we still love it. I am not a every game player but I come ready to play at every game. The girls love to go and play around while we watch the game, eating ballpark hotdogs and nacho's. Its become what we do for our monday night family night, I guess.
Well tonight I showed up NOT wanting to play at all, but Aaron calls me as I am pulling in and tells me to hurry up I am going to have to fill in..."MAN, I DONT want to play" the girls were anry, tired and hungry and the older two were not happy about having to help out with the youngens, but o well, what you gonna do?
Anyhow we had a game at 6pm. We were behind and it wasn't looking good. We had holes all over in our outfield and was short handed. Aaron sticks me out in outfield between him and another guy because I SUCK! lol.... and they have to cover me, but thats ok, I can hustle if I need to. IT so wasn't looking good and finally we picked up speed and started playing well. WE didn't have a good defense but we kicked their butts at bat.
We ended up winning the game which pushed us up a bracket, and meant another game we had to play tonight at 9pm. I told Aaron he better hope someone showed up to take my place because the girls were tired, and COLD! My goodness fall is in the air!
Well luckily he did get some one to cover me, but we decided to stick around and watch, so we thought. We had about a hour before it started so we tried to kill time, but as time grew later the girls just couldn't hold out and Aaron insisted I go home with them beings how cold it was. I didn't argue, however Ashlynn decided to stay with her dad and hang out. We both agreed she could stay this once.
Well he just called me and said they WON THE GAME! YEAY!!!!!!!! That means we are ONE MORE game closer to winning the tournament which would just be awesome. I will keep you all posted on our winnings. We play again next Monday at 8pm if we win then we go to the final game. I am certain we will get at least to the final game because we have an amazing team, and what makes it even more amazing is we are really good friends and co-workers. We have played with most of these people for 3-4yrs. I hope we win, Aaron says he doesn't care as long as they have fun and stay at least competitive (he hates to be swept), but I know he does care, he wants the trophy to take back to the shop, I know he does! What a guy (wink)!

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

I love this story! I am so excited for this blogging thing so that we can all keep up on eachothers lives! My favorite part of this was how Ashlynn wanted to stay with her dad- that is just so precious and shows how much she loves her dad and wants to be around him. And BTW- I think you still ARE a cute mom! Your kids are always dressed so cute and you do fun things with them. And I think your follow link is broken, it won't let me click on it. But, if you go back to your dashboard, you can add blogs to follow there.. that is what I just did with mine.. but maybe you already know that!