Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Our lives the last few days.......

Goodness, its been a busy few days. I feel like I have done nothing but run sense Thursday. Today I want to do nothing and I can't. I have a TON to do.
This past weekend we went down to Mesquite the girls and I and my mother in law Sandy. It was Aarons Grandma's 80th birthday party. She flew in from Oregon and we hardly see her so we went on down for that. It was nice for the kids to see all their cousins and they all played hard. The weather was great Friday but turned off way cold Saturday. That didn't stop the kids though, they played all day outside in the wind.
The birthday party was nice, and it was good to see everyone, but MAN...going anywhere with 4 kids is a nightmare. I guess I reminded myself why I don't go anywhere with 4 kids.
IT was all worth it when it was over. We got home late Sunday evening. We went from about 50 degree's in Mesquite to 30 degree's coming in to Utah, it was a defiant shift in temp. COLD!
Aaron went down to Colorado to hunt trophy Elk w/his dad. He got down early afternoon on Friday and went camping up these beautiful mountains. He said it was just gorgeous. Unfortunately he didn't get his dad an elk, but they really tried. He said that they had a great time, and anytime he gets to spend w/his dad is time well spent. He loves to be w/his family and spend time doing fun things w/them. He said they laughed so hard every night that his gut hurt. They left for home early Sunday morning and we beat them home by a hour and half. We were all so beat from the weekends events that we crashed at 7:30pm.
I feel badly because I took pictures of the entire weekend, we painted pumpkins, and I got pictures of our trip, BUT.... my stupid computer won't import the pictures. I downloaded a program that my dad showed me on google and now my computer won't allow the import UGGH! SO I thought I would be able to show you all pictures and I was so excited to share them. BUT NO! It isn't happening w/this pile of computer that keeps getting viruses and bugs. Its time for a new one!

So, then I have to clue you all in on our softball game last night. IF we won we went directly to the championship game that is tonight at 8pm. Just about everyone showed up to play which was nice that I didn't have to play. It was so cold! I had NO business having the kids there w/runny noses all ready, but we stuck it out. I kept saying "we're going to go" but then it was just two more innings, one more inning, and then it was over and we were OUT OF THERE! The kids hands were numb! I felt awful. Anyhow, back to the important game. We were dominating that team, killing them up to bat (we have a strong batting line up), we were up by like 10 points, and then the last inning they were up to bat and they killed us. One home run after another. We fell apart. Our entire team messed up! I don't know what happened but we fell to pieces. They got within 1 point and still had a couple batters. The other team won by 1 POINT! IT was terrible! So now tonight we have to play 3 games in order to win the entire thing instead of playing just once. We have a game at 6pm, if we win then we play at 7, and then the championship game is at 8pm. I think we can do it, especially with the really good players coming tonight we have a GREAT chance of winning it all. We are unbeatable w/the strong players. Actually, we are unbeatable w/just our players that come each time, we just fell apart that last inning, but tonight we have coming our strongest players that play alot so our chances are HIGH....w/them coming and everyone doing their part we are unstopable. SO, we are hoping we take it all, and we can still do it, we aren't out of it yet, but its just going to be harder is all. 3 GAMES...... in one night is going to tire anyone out. I will let you all know how we do.... tonight is the last of it we will either walk away with the trophy or walk away loosing it and coming in 2nd or 3rd.
That was my weekend and Monday.... its been busy, and tiring, but I guess staying busy is better for anyone. Now I have a housefull of housework, and not drive to do it! If I don't get it cleaned up I am afraid Aaron will fire me......lol!

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy! But that is the best when you can just spend time with family even if you are constantly on the go! Good luck tonight in the softball tournament- Maybe you will have to play tonight and it will be all up to you.. 9th inning- two outs, full count- And you are up to bat! The team will all be counting on you!!! ha ha!!!! SEe you this weekend!