Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Our puppy, is now a Lady dog..... lol

WELL WELL WELL.... our little girl, has now become a young lady dog! Zoey's in HEAT! HOW FUN for me...... & what awesome timing! Right at the start of spring, and warm weather, and when the kids want to b outside, and so does she!!!! We new it was going to happen soon, but I guess I was secretly hoping it wouldn't happen till after baby came, or something. I know we have that choice to NOT let her come in contact w/another male dog & we dont plan to this time around, but its such a pain in teh butt! My life is already full of things to watch, and look after, and keep out of trouble so this is just another MAJOR thing to deal with. We DO NOT want her becoming mommy zoey with another male boxer, let alone another male neighborhood dog. Thank goodness for us their isn't a whole lotta "in tack" male dogs around but like Aaron said, let her out & just see how many dogs come around.....apparantly dogs have a "scent" for another female in heat...O JOY! We defiantly want her to have puppies & are excited for that time to come but NOT NOW! not anytime in the next yr! We figure we'll let her next spring....can we hold her back, I SURE HOPE SO! lol
She really is a great dog, & she loves us so much. Its so funny that she thinks she's really one of the kids. This picture is her looking out the window down at the kids playen on the trampoline. She was sooo hurt that she wasn't invited. Her most favorite thing is when the girls get home from school because she knows they'll be going outside to jump & YES she does jump with them! Its hilarious! I dont think any of us realize just how BIG she is really. When she stood up to look out the window this day, I really realized just how HUGE she is...... There's only a couple things we need to work on for her to be the perfect pet dog......
* CHEWING up everything! (I have to remember she's just a puppy still....)
* Getting to excited when new ppl come to the house, & she wants to jump on them, or run out the door to say hello to them....
* being polite when ppl are here.....
* & getting anxiety when we leash her up. SHe can't stand not being apart of our family, so chaining her up outside hurts her feelings I guess, lol....makes me nuts!

OVerall....we love her, & these are minor things that she will get better with time on. She's a yr old this month, I can't believe that we've had her for almost a yr in June. She really has become apart of our family, and we just adore her. COngrats Zoey, your a big girl now! haha...(u just can't act on your nature just yet, sorry)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amanda and Chad said...

ugh... no comment!! haha, I hope you know i'm totally kidding! I know you love your Zoey like one of your kids!