Wednesday, April 8, 2009

30 wks.... & problems!

Goodness me..... here we are at 30wks and counting. I have 10-11wks left at least thats what we hope for!
Its been an eventful week that has brought worry, stress & action. Monday I started having what I thought were just braxton hicks contractions. They progressed thru the evening and got to be somewhat uncomfortable and a bit stronger and frequent then I felt comfortable with. They continued thru the night and into Tuesday a little. I decided to put a call into the Dr, which I hate doing because you just feel like your jumping the gun & freaking out over nothing but I just had a feeling that calling the dr was the right thing to do.
He told me to continue thru the night, but to go into the ER if I was having them like the night before, and if not he'd see me this morning. Well, we made it thru the night, and I took my appointment this morning as planned. I had just a few contractions this morning, but nothing like I was experiencing the night and day before. He checked me out and unfortunately, I wasn't just having braxton hicks contractions but the real thing & it had progressed me to a 1 cm. Now, I realize that its just a one, and there's several more cm to go before you give birth, but I'm only 30wks so that isn't exactly what my dr would like to see. we also got an ultrasound just to check the position of the baby, the size and the placenta to make sure the baby was getting sufficient blood, nutrients & oxgyn which baby looked great. The heartbeat was strong, and normal and activity was still really good. We did discover that the baby is now head down which is a good thing, but at 30 wks that could change again too.
Dr. Dewey sent me home with instructions to take it easy as possible & to keep track of my contractions. If we go over 5 in a hours time, no matter how consistent they are I have to go into the ER, however if we don't exceed 5 in a hours time but are still having them he wants to see me in a couple days to be checked again to make sure its not progressing me any further. If it does progress me past the 1 cm then I will start medication and full bed rest to get it all to stop. If we get to a 2 cm & its looken like we're going further he will start giving the baby steroid shots to help with baby's lung development in case the baby does come earlier then 39wks.
He'd like to see me get at least to 35wks, which is 5 more weeks.
I am relatively calm about this although I do realize the seriousness of it all. I guess I am trying not to freak out over it because stress and anxiety will NOT help my cause. I figure all I can do is do my part to take it easy and follow the direction of the Dr & put it in Gods hands that everything will be ok either way. As long as my baby is ok in there, and its not effecting my little peanut then I can do whatever I'm asked to do on my end to keep the baby in good condition as well as myself. I also believe that the mind is a powerful thing, and I have to stay positive one way or the other. Thinking negative thoughts about it all the time isn't going to help, but only hurt so I'm trying to just keep upbeat and focused.
Aaron is being wonderful and doing his part to help out and take over, my older two girls came home from school today & took over all the house duties as well as helping me out with the younger two. My mom is on stand by to come at a moments notice if I need her, which is a HUGE comfort to me.....its all a comfort to me. The support of family is always so appreciated!
Of course I am worried about it all, however, I really do have a calm approach to this, and I feel good that everything will be ok in the end. In fact, it will just be my luck that we will struggle with stopping delivery to 35 wks, and then when the dr gives the lift on stopping it, my body will put a stop to it & I'll go over again like I always do, lol. NAH, I dont think so this time..... I think we'll b blessed to get another month out of this pregnancy....so we'll hope for that, and strive for that! Dr. Dewey couldn't pinpoint any one reason as to why this is happening other then just the effects on a body after having 5 kids, 3 of which are all very close..... apparently it's not very good to the bod!
This picture is Kymbree giving the baby a love when I got back this morning....she said to me " momma, baby wants out, & I want baby out" I told her that baby had to stay in there for at least another month...and she gave me the ole sigh........ She's overly excited to see baby, and help me with baby, which I think is so cute!

2 comments:

kathleen said...

daughter dear, You know I will come up at the drop of a hat. Please if you want me I will come. Dont hesitate for a minute about that ok. We need you to rest and take care of yourself. It is YOU TIME!!!!!!! Ok. We love you!

Amanda and Chad said...

I freaked out today when your mom called and told me what was going on!!! BREE!! Keep that baby in there!! Take it easy and just know that I am here too and can help you with whatever you guys need! Maybe I'll just come get two little girls for a few days next week so you can have some R&R time! Oh wait, I am going to be gone all next week. Well, the week after that or whenever. I would LOVE to take them and you definitely need some quiet time alone to relax!