Tuesday, May 5, 2009

MY DAD!


Well, it was his birthday on May 1st, but because I am a big old looser, I forgot I had a blog to pay tribute to him. If he wasn't such a great guy, I wouldn't even bother at this point, but HE IS!...so even though its late, I haveta share some thoughts about him.


So I asked my kids what they all liked about Grandpa Lloyd and this is their responses:


Derian.... "Grandpa pulled my tooth out, and it didn't even hurt....he's magic"

Ashlynn.... "I like to hug on Grandpa, but he has whiskers" (this especially made me laugh cuz great grandpa lloyd was FAMOUS for the same stunt)

Kymbree.. "(BIG GRIN, and a shy look) ..... I wuv papa Oyd"


A'jaye.... well, she speaks for herself when ever Grandpa comes to the door, she's the first to run to him, FAST....with her arms out to hold her. She LOVES her Grandpa, she is a total grandpa's girl.


and as for me.... this is what I haveta say about my Dad....


He's a quiet man, that doesn't say a whole lot, but you can always tell how he feels by the look in his eyes. His eyes speak volumes! I've always respected my dad for the person that he is, and the way he lives his life. He never judges a soul, and he always has a giving heart. So I guess he isn't so quiet after all because his actions are loud especially when it comes to his kids and family.
I haveta add a little story, that I always think of. When I had A'jaye he was there, and it was comforting to have my family there. My dad would sit in this chair in the room and look at me with these loving eyes, as if he wanted to take ALL the pain away but couldn't.... It came time for A'jaye to come into this world and everyone left the room. I remember after I had the baby he came in and sat in that same chair, and I could tell that he had been crying, or was visibly upset, it really touched me to the point of tears myself....afterwards I asked my mom what was wrong with dad, and she told me he was just so concerned and worried and overcome with fear.... it was a tuff delivery, but I think my dad carried most that burden for me that day, I might felt the pain, but that day my dad took the emotional burden for me! I honestly think that to this day, that is why A'jaye is so oooo emotionaly attatched to him.

Aaron was so touched by his words he spoke to us all at Thanksgiving dinner that it had him even choked up. He also always mentions the time that dad took him out on the porch (not a basement talk this time, lol) & expressed how much he appreciated him for the way he took care of me, and his kids. That he respected the person that Aaron is & saw him as a son and loved him. This meant so much to Aaron to hear that from his Father in law it really just meant the world to him. He explains dad as being a very quiet man, but when he speaks, you had better listen cause he means every word of it, and it always comes from the heart.
Dad, I hope you had a fabulous birthday. I know our family loves you beyond measure. Your quite the man and you will ALWAYS hold a special place in your daughters heart!


We love you......

2 comments:

Shell said...

What a sweet story about your dad. You have such a great family. I am glad I am able to get to know you better and keep in touch.

Daniels Family said...

What a dad we have he is a great guy!